BEGINNER QUARTERLY, Summer 2023
The BTC Beginner Quarterly for 1st and 2nd grade provides fun and engaging lessons with activities that teach biblical principles.
Easy-to-understand biblical narrative for 1st- and 2nd- grade children. Each lesson has a life application story and activities that reinforce the lesson.
A BTC Teacher and BTC Visuals are available for teachers.
Uses King James Version Scriptures only.
Summer 2023 Quarter at a Glance
THE BAPTIST WAY
1. The Bible Tells Me So (2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Chronicles 18:1-34)
2. Only Jesus Saves (Ephesians 2:8-10; Acts 16:25-31)
3. When Can I Be Baptized? (Acts 2:41; 8:26-39)
4. What Is a Church? (Ephesians 2:19-22; Acts 16:13-15)
5. The Church That Jesus Built (Matthew 4:17-22; 16:18)
6. Telling About Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 5:17-32)
7. Working Together (2 Corinthians 8:1-8; Luke 5:18-20)
8. I Am Important to God (1 Peter 2:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27)
9. Obeying Jesus (1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 9:1-20)
10. Living for Jesus (Acts 2:41, 42; 9:36-43)
11. Letting Jesus Be Lord (Acts 2:36; Luke 6:46-49)
12. I’m Not Afraid To Worship (Luke 20:25; Daniel 6:1-24)
13. Special Church Workers (Philippians 1:1; Acts 6:1-7)
- The student will learn why Baptists have always considered the Bible so important.
- The student will understand that only Jesus can
save him and keep him saved.
- The student will learn that he must first be saved before he can be baptized.
- The student will learn what a church is and why it is important.
- The student will learn that Jesus promised to always be with the church He built for His glory.
- The student will understand that he must tell others about Jesus and invite them to church.
- The student will realize the value of churches working together to do God’s work.
- The student will realize that he is important to God and to his church.
- The student will learn that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two church ordinances Christ gave His church.
- The student will realize the importance of letting others see Jesus in his daily life.
- The student will learn the true meaning of the word Lord.
- The student will realize it is a privilege to worship freely.
- The student will learn about the offices of pastor and deacon.